Educational Visits Coordinator Training
- EVC Training
- 12 Places Available
YOUR LOGO HERE
This course is designed for head teachers, managers and other staff who are responsible for the organisation of visits for young people,
particularly those acting in the capacity of Offsite Visits Coordinator for their establishment.
The course includes:
- An introduction to the legal framework and the CSF Policy.
- Considerations for organising outings and trips, both local and residential, and adventurous type activities and overseas trips.
- An opportunity for discussion and the sharing of good practice – including issues highlighted during the course.
What are the benefits of attending?
At the end of the course participants will have:
- An understanding of the role of a visits co-ordinator
- An awareness of the value of visits for young people
- An awareness of the legal framework, HCC policy and national guidance, produced in supporting visits for children.
- The ability to put into place adequate and rigorous monitoring and reviewing procedures for visits
- An awareness of further professional development opportunities for staff undertaking various roles
Mark Falkingham is a qualified youth & community worker and worked for over twenty years in Outdoor Education as an instructor and centre manager. He joined HCC as Offsite Visits Adviser in February 2006.
Hertfordshire Development Centre
6 Six Hills Way
Stevenage SG1 2FQ
- Herts Development Centre