- EVC Training
- 18 Places Available
15th October 2015
09:00 - 16:00
This training course covers aspects of the law related to educational visits, risk assessment of visits, and the administrative requirements associated with off-site educational activities.
The course will enable EVCs to plan and manage their schools’ educational visits and off-site activities in line with National Guidance and current good practice, and thus help fulfil their Health & Safety obligations.
This course is primarily aimed at new and existing EVCs in Independent Schools, Foundation Schools, and Academies.
The course may also be appropriate for EVCs in other schools where their employer (eg. Local Authority) does not provide such training, or where this has been agreed by their employer as a suitable alternative.
This course aims to equip staff with the key requirements to become a competent Educational Visit Co-ordinator. The course outlines key considerations in planning an educational visit, updating participants with current good practice in the supervision of young people.
The course provides training in strategies used for risk management and risk assessment off-site, and will include sessions on:
- Roles and responsibilities
- Risk assessment and risk management
- What the EVC needs to know
- What the EVC needs to do
- Enhanced knowledge and understanding about the effective supervision of young people taking part in off-site activities and visits
- Greater confidence and ability to act as the Education Visit Co-ordinator
- Increased competence in risk assessing and managing risks on off-site visits
This course is provided by the following experienced trainers, registered with the Outdoor Education Advisers Panel.
· Jake Wiid, Outdoor Education Adviser
· Clive Atkins, Outdoor Education Adviser
Participants will receive an OEAP Certificate of Attendance upon completion of the course.
MSE meeting rooms
103a Oxford Street
Nearest Tube Oxford Circus / Tottenham Court Road
Tea and Coffee will be provided throughout the day. Lunch may be purchased locally, alternatively you can bring your own packed lunch.
- MSE meeting rooms - London