- First Aid Courses
- Outdoor Courses
- Other Courses
3-day First Aid at Work Programme
Day One: Emergency First Aid in the workplace concluding with a Multiple choice question paper/theory/ written assessment.
• The role of the First Aider including reference to; responsibilities, infection control, consent, and first aid equipment.
• Incident and casualty assessment: Scene survey, primary survey, calling for help/information needed.
• CPR: Unresponsive casualty not breathing normally.
• Unconscious casualty breathing normally: Levels of consciousness and recovery position Management of a seizure.
• Choking casualty: Recognition and treatment.
• Shock: Types, recognition and treatment.
• External bleeding: Types and treatment;
• Minor injuries: Small cuts, grazes, bumps and bruises, small splinters and nosebleeds.
Day two and three: Recognition and Management of Illness and Injury in the Workplace concluding with a Multiple choice question paper/theory/ written assessment covering;
• Respiratory system
• Hypoxia: Recognition and symptoms
• Chest injuries: Recognition and treatment
• Asthma and hyperventilation: Recognition and treatment
• Circulatory system
• Wounds and bleeding extras: Recognition and treatment
• Eye injuries
• Shock; Different types, including fainting
• Anaphylaxis: Recognition, triggers and treatment
• Angina and heart attack
• Stroke; Recognition and treatment
• Burns and scalds
• Poisonous substances: Types, recognition and treatment
• Fractures, dislocations, sprains and strains: Recognition and treatment. Support and elevation slings
• Head and spinal injuries: Types, recognition, treatment and Manual Inline Stabilisation (MILS)
• Secondary Survey
• Major illnesses: Epilepsy and diabetes; Recognition and treatment.
The full First Aid at Work qualification is revalidated by completing a 12-hour Revalidation First Aid at Work (FAWR) course, providing the FAW certificate is within its valid lifetime. (The FAWR qualification can be taken up to 3 months before date of expiry or within 28 days past expiry of FAW)
Assessment and Certification
This course has a final assessment on the third day, followed by a MCQ. This course is certificated by Qualsafe Awards an Ofqual recognised Awarding Organisation.